Investigation of the mechanical properties of cast basaltware
- 10 Downloads
Additional heat treatment of ordinary basaltware does not cause a substantial change of the structure of the cast material and leads to a slight increase of the strength properties. However, in this case a decrease of plastic deformation of the cast material and stabilization of its strength at high temperatures occur.
The highest strength properties of the basaltware (σbend = 1100 kgf/cm2; σtors = 900 kgf/cm2) are attained with crystallization of the casting from the vitreous phase (“from below”), when a fine-grained structure of the cast material is formed. In this case a high mechanical strength of the material persists up to 900 °.
KeywordsMechanical Property Crystallization Heat Treatment Plastic Deformation Mechanical Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Pavlushkin, Principles of the Technology of Glass-Ceramics [in Russian], Izd. Literatury po Stroitel'stvu, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.É. K. Keler, E. I. Kozlovskaya, and O. V. Nosikov, Steklo i Keramika, No. 5 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Bykov, in: Technology and Organization of Production [in Russian], Izd. ITI, Kiev (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.É. K. Keler and E. I. Kozlovskaya, Zavod. Lab., 6 (1954).Google Scholar
- 5.É. K. Keler and E. I. Kozlovskaya, Zavod. Lab., 8 (1954).Google Scholar