TheC-metric withm = 0,e ≠ 0
- 52 Downloads
TheC-metric with parametersm = 0,e ≠ 0 is transformed to Weyl form; the sources then appear as a spherical cap of chargee, and an uncharged semi-infinite line mass. Next, the Weyl metric is enlarged by a further transformation. The enlarged space-time has as its source two uniformly accelerated charged caps. In an appropriate approximation, the electromagnetic field components of this solution are identical to those of the Born solution of classical electrodynamics.
KeywordsElectromagnetic Field Differential Geometry Field Component Classical Electrodynamic Line Mass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonnor, W. B. (1983).Gen. Rel. Grav.,15, 535.Google Scholar
- 2.Kinnersley, W., and Walker, M. (1970).Phys. Rev. D,2, 1359.Google Scholar
- 3.Weyl, H. (1917).Ann. Phys. (Leipzig),54, 117.Google Scholar
- 4.Bonnor, W. B., and Swaminarayan, N. S. (1964).Z. Phys.,177, 240.Google Scholar
- 5.Rindler, W. (1960).Phys. Rev.,119, 2082.Google Scholar
- 6.Rohrlich, F. (1965).Classical Charged Particles (Addison-Wesley), Reading, Massachusetts), p. 118.Google Scholar