Low-energy behavior of a quantized scalar field in the linearly expanding universe
- 31 Downloads
We study positive frequency mode solutions of a massive scalar field at an initial stage in the spatially flat, linearly expanding Robertson-Walker universe. The essential point is that the initial time is taken to be small enough, but nonzero (e.g., the Planck time), and the mode is determined by a kind of WKB condition. We calculate the created particle spectrum, and show that its low-energy behavior is considerably different from the previous results.
KeywordsFrequency Mode Scalar Field Initial Time Differential Geometry Massive Scalar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chitre, D. M., and Hartle, J. B. (1977).Phys. Rev. D,16, 251.Google Scholar
- 2.Nariai, H. (1980).Prog. Theor. Phys.,63, 324.Google Scholar
- 3.Mensky, M. B., and Karmanov, O. Yu. (1980).Gen. Rel. Grav.,12, 267.Google Scholar
- 4.Castagnino, M. (1980). Preprint ICTP/79-80/43.Google Scholar
- 5.Azuma, T. (1981).Prog. Theor. Phys.,66, 892.Google Scholar
- 6.Parker, L. (1977). InAsymptotic Structure of Space-Time, ed. Esposito, F. P., and Witten, L., Plenum Press, New York, p. 107.Google Scholar
- 7.Fulling, S. A. (1979).Gen. Rel. Grav.,10, 807.Google Scholar
- 8.Grib, A. A., Mamayev, S. G., and Mostepanenko, V. M. (1976).Gen. Rel. Grav.,7, 535.Google Scholar
- 9.Azuma, T. in preparation.Google Scholar
- 10.Horibe, M., and Hosoya, A. (1981). Preprint OU-HET 41.Google Scholar