Reduction of Einstein's field equations for twisting typeN-vacuum fields with anH2
- 79 Downloads
The problem of vacuum typeN solutions of Einstein's field equations with Killing vector and homothetic group can be reduced to a single ordinary differential equation of the third order for a single real function. Hauser's solution  is an exceptional case. If the homothetic parameterN takes the valueN=2 the third order differential equation becomes surprisingly simple. This caseN=2 is therefore the most promising one for the search of exact solutions.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Exact Solution Ordinary Differential Equation Field Equation Differential Geometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.McIntosh, C. B. G. (1985).Class. Quant. Grav.,2, 87.Google Scholar
- 2.Kramer, D., Stephani, H., MacCallum, M., and Herlt, E. (1980).Exact Solutions of Einstein's Field Equations (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge).Google Scholar
- 3.Herlt, B. (1986).Wiss. Zeitschr. der Fr.-Schiller-Universität, Naturwiss. Reihe,35, 735.Google Scholar
- 4.Hauser, I. (1974).Phys. Rev. Lett.,33, 1112.Google Scholar
- 5.Chinea, F. J. (1988).Phys. Rev. D,37, 3080.Google Scholar