Propagation of a gasless combustion wave in a narrow cylindrical duct without wall separation
- 22 Downloads
The influence of the method of ignition of a gasless medium on the limiting sample radius and on the dynamics of the pulsations and average value of the thermal wave propagation velocity in the steady state at the combustion limit is established on the basis of a numerical investigation. The influence of mild heat losses on the temperature gradients and reaction depth is traced in a gasless combustion wave propagating without separation from the walls of a narrow cylindrical duct.
KeywordsCombustion Steady State Dynamical System Mechanical Engineer Temperature Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. L. Kopeliovich, “Influence of weak heat transfer on the combustion of a gasless mixture”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,29, No. 6, 46–49 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Rybanin and S. L. Sobolev, “Rate and limits of combustion of a thermally thick layer of condensed matter in heat transfer with an inert medium”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,25, No. 5, 16–25 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.K. G. Shkadinskii, B. I. Khaikin, and A. G. Merzhanov, “Propagation of the pulsating front of an exothermic reaction in a condensed phase”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,7, No. 1, 19–28 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Allushin, T. M. Martem'yanova, A. G. Merzhanov, et al., “Self-excited propagation of a combustion front in heterogeneous condensed media”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,9, No. 5, 613–626 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Bayliss and B. J. Matkowsky, “Two routes to chaos in condensed phase combustion”, SIAM J. Appl. Math.,50, No. 2, 437–459 (1990).Google Scholar