Investigations in the field of oxygen-containing heterocycles
- 26 Downloads
In the presence of SNCl4, 2-chlorotetrahydrofuran adds to isoprene, dimethylbutadiene, piperylene, and bivinyl in the 1,4 position with the formation of the corresponding allyl chlorides. In the case of bivinyl, appreciable amounts of the product of 1,2-addition are also formed. The structure of the compounds obtained has been established by means of IR and NMR spectra.
KeywordsChloride Organic Chemistry Allyl Isoprene Appreciable Amount
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Tarnopol'skaya, Yu. I. Tarnopol'skii, B. I. Ionin, and V. N. Belov, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds],4, 387, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. I. Tarnopol'skii, M. M. Tarnopol'skaya, and V. N. Belov, ZhOrKh,1, 938, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Vartanyan and A. O. Tosunyan, Usp. Khim.,34, 618, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 53, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Petrov, N. A. Razumov, and M. L. Genusov, ZhOKh,28, 3220, 1958.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Jackman, Applications of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Organic Chemistry, Pergamon Press, London, 1959.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kratochvil and J. Hort, Collection Czech. Chem. Commun.,27, 52, 1962.Google Scholar