The nonuniqueness and instability of the combustion regimes of a gaseous mixture under the action of laser radiation
- 14 Downloads
We present the results of a theoretical investigation of the dynamical behavior of a chemically active gaseous mixture during the action of nonlinear laser radiation. The regions of possible combustion regimes are delineated by Lyapunov's first method. We show that, as a consequence of the temperature dependence of the mixture absorption coefficient, the number of steady states is increased to five. Data from a linear analysis confirms the numerical experiments.
KeywordsRadiation Combustion Steady State Dynamical System Absorption Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Bukharbaeva, P. G. Itskova, and A. T. Luk'yanov, “Stability of steady homogeneous combustion regimes during selective action of laser radiation”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,24, No. 3, 26–31 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Balakotaiah and D. Luss, Chem. Eng. Sci.,37, No. 11, 1611–1623 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.F. V. Bunkin, N. A. Kirichenko, and B. S. Luk'yanchuk, P. N. Lebedev Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Preprint No. 266, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.A. T. Luk'yanov, L. Yu. Artyukh, and P. G. Itskova, Mathematical Modelling of Problems in Combustion Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Alma-Ata (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Vol'ter and I. E. Sal'nikov, Stability of Operating Regimes of Chemical Reactors [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.I. N. Bronstein and K. A. Semendyaev, Handbook of Mathematics for Engineers and Technical Institute Students [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.L. S. Polak, M. Ya. Gol'denberg, and A. A. Levitskii, Numerical Methods in Chemical Kinetics, [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar