Magnetic impurity in a luttinger liquid: A view from conformal field theory
- 23 Downloads
Exact results are reported for the low-temperature thermodynamics of a spin-1/2 magnetic impurity coupled to a 1D interacting electron system. The use of conformal field theory techniques reveals that there are only two types of critical behaviors consistent with the symmetries of the problem: either a local Fermi liquid, or else a theory identical to that recently proposed by Furusaki and Nagaosa. We also show that forward electron scattering on the impurity produces the same critical behavior as the two-channel Kondo effect for noninteracting electrons.
PACS numbers72.15N 72.15Q 75.30H
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. L. Kane and M. P. A. Fisher, Phys. Rev.B46, 7268 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Fröjdh and H. Johannesson, to be published.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Affleck, Nucl. Phys.B336, 517 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Affleck and A. W. W. Ludwig, Nucl. Phys.B360, 641 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Furusaki and N. Nagaosa, Phys. Rev. Lett.72, 892 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Fröjdh and H. Johannesson, in preparation.Google Scholar