The pairing mechanism in HTSC investigated by electronic Raman scattering
- 24 Downloads
By means of electronic Raman scattering we investigated the symmetry of the energy gap 2Δ(→k), its temperature dependence and its variation with doping of well characterized Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ single crystals. The oxygen content δ was varied between the under- and the overdoped regime by subsequently annealing the same single crystal in Ar and in O2, respectively. The symmetry analysis of the polarized electronic Raman scattering is consistent with a dx2−y2-wave symmetry of the energy gap in both regimes. The gap ratio 2Δmax/kBTc and its temperature dependence changes with doping similar to predictions of theories based on paramagnon coupling.
KeywordsOxygen Oxygen Content Magnetic Material Raman Scattering Dependence Change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.R. Schrieffer,Solid State Commun. 92, 129 (1994) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 2.T.P. Devereaux, D. Einzel, et al.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 72, 369 (1994); T.P. Devereaux and D. Einzel, to be published (Sissa preprint # cond-mat/9408019).Google Scholar
- 3.C.H. Pao and N.E. Bickers,Phys. Rev. Lett. 72, 1870 (1994); P. Monthoux and D. Scalapino,Phys. Rev. Lett. 72, 1874 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Boekholt et al.,Physica C 175, 127 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Staufer et al.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 68, 1069 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Hackl et al.,Phys. Rev. B 38, 7133 (1988).Google Scholar