Atmosphere-magnetosphere-ionosphere system mami
- 36 Downloads
The effects on the terrestrial atmosphere and ionosphere of energy and momentum sources of magnetospheric origin are investigated theoretically. Parameters measured by instruments on board the GGS spacecraft and by the GGS ground-based networks are used as inputs to the models that quantify the magnetosphere-ionosphere-thermosphere coupling. Images of the aurora acquired at ultraviolet, visible and X-ray wavelengths by instruments on board the POLAR spacecraft are particularly useful in this investigation by yielding good spatial coverage and high time resolution of the aurora.
KeywordsAtmosphere Time Resolution High Time Spatial Coverage High Time Resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lummerzheim, D. and Lilensten, J.: 1994,Ann. Geophys. (in press).Google Scholar
- Lummerzheim, D., Rees, M. H., and Anderson, H.: 1989,Planetary Space Sci. 37, 109.Google Scholar
- Lummerzheim, D., Rees, M. H., and Romick, G. J.: 1990,Planetary Space Sci. 38, 67.Google Scholar
- Min, Q. L.: 1993, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Alaska, Fairbanks.Google Scholar
- Min, Q.-L., Lummerheim, D., Rees, M. H., and Stamnes, K.: 1993,J. Geophys. Res. 98, 19,223.Google Scholar
- Nicholas, A. C.: 1993, M.S. thesis, University of Alaska, Fairbanks.Google Scholar
- Rees, M. H., Lummerzheim, D., Roble, R. G., Winningham, J. D., Craven, J. D., and Frank, L. A.: 1988,J. Geophys. Res. 93, 12841.Google Scholar
- Richmond, A. D. and Kamide, Y.: 1988,J. Geophys. Res. 93, 5741.Google Scholar
- Richmond, A. D., Ridley, E. C., and Roble, R. G.: 1992,Geophys. Res. Letters 19, 601.Google Scholar
- Roble, R. G., Ridley, E. C., Richmond, A. D., and Dickinson, R. E.: 1988,Geophys. Res. Letters 15, 1325.Google Scholar
- Strickland, D. J., Jasperse, J. R., and Whalen, J. A.: 1983,J. Geophys. Res. 88, 8051.Google Scholar