Flame propagation in an electric field
- 34 Downloads
Under the influence of a transverse electric field the propagation velocity of the flame front up increases. The value of up has been found to depend on the potential difference between the capacitor plates.
It has been shown that the increase in the flame propagation velocity in an electric field is due to the increase in the flame surface.
The existence of a critical potential difference has been confirmed.
It has been shown that under the influence of a transverse electric field there is a redistribution of refractive index gradients in the reaction zone leading in certain cases to the appearance of a periodic structure in the flame front.
KeywordsFlame Front Flame Propagation Lower Plate Straight Edge Flame Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. D. Salamandra and I. K. Fedoseeva, IFZh, 7, 7, 47, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.G. D. Salamandra, collection: Studies in Physical Gasdynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.G. D. Salamandra, High-Speed Schlieren Photography [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.G. D. Salamandra, collection: Properties of Gases at High Temperatures; Physical Gasdynamics, Thermodynamics and Combustion Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Barskii and Ya. B. Zel'dovich, ZhFKh, XXIV, 5, 589.Google Scholar