Ionic exchange in clinoptilolite and localization of H2O molecules by1H NMR
- 33 Downloads
The Li-, Na-, K-, Cs-, Ca-, Ba-, and NH4-forms of natural clinoptilolite from the White Stratum deposit, Bulgaria, have been obtained by ionic exchange in solutions. The1H NMR spectr of the samples have been recorded at room temperature and the dipole-dipole coupling constants of zeolite water protons have been measured. The characteristics of regular redistribution of water molecules in structural positions of clinoptilolite upon substitution of exchange Na and Ca cations by the larger K and Ba cations have been established.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Zeolite Water Molecule Ionic Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Quantitative Determination of Zeolites in Rocks by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. Industrial Procedure of the Scientific Council on Analytical Methods of VIMS, USSR Ministry of Geology. Instruction No. 269-f [in Russian], Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. Breck,Zeolite Molecular Sieves: Structure, Chemistry, and Use, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Sergeev, O. V. Falaleev, and S. P. Gabuda,Fiz. Tverd. Tela,11, No. 8, 2248–2251 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Gabuda and A. F. Rzhavin,NMR in Crystalline Hydrates [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Bresciani-Pahor, M. Kalligoris, G. Nordin, et al.,J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., No. 9, 1511–1514 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.T. W. Hambley and J. C. Taylor,J. Solid State Chem.,54, 1–9 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Gabuda, L. V. Ivleva, and A. G. Lundin,Zh. Struk. Khim.,11, No. 4, 646–649 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Alberti,Tschermaks Mineral. Petrogr. Mit.,22, 22–25 (1975).Google Scholar