Synthesis of chalcone analogs -4- and 5-nitropyrrole derivatives
- 98 Downloads
Nitropyrrole analogs of chalcone have been synthesized by aldol condensation in basic medium from 5-nitropyrrole-2-carboxaldehyde, 4- and 5-nitro-2-acetylpyrrole, and the corresponding aromatic aldehydes and methyl ketones; their 2, 4-dinitrophenylhydrazones have been obtained. Some considerations are expressed concerning the reactivity of pyrrole-2-carboxaldehyde, 2-acetylpyrrole, and their nitro derivatives.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Aldehyde Ketone Basic Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Tsukerman, V. P. Izvekov, and V. F. Lavrushin, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 527, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.U. S. Patent 2962503; RZhKh, 6L, 279, 1962.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Corvaisier, Bull., 528, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Lavrushin, S. V. Tsukerman, and A. I. Artemenko, ZhOKh, 32, 1324, 1329, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Tsukerman, V. M. Nikitchenko, and V. F. Lavrushin, ZhOKh, 32, 2326, 1962.Google Scholar
- 6.U. Eisner and R. L. Erskine, J. Chem. Soc., 971, 1958.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Johnson, and others, Organic Reagents for Organic Analysis [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1948.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Fournari and J. Tirouflet, Bull., 484, 1963.Google Scholar
- 9.I. J. Rinkes, Rec. trav. chim., 53, 1167, 1934.Google Scholar