Irreversible change of surface impedance of high-T c thin films due to D.C. magnetic field commutation
- 11 Downloads
The magnetic field dependence of the surface impedance (resistance and reactance) of high-T c thin films is found employing measurements of the quality factor and the frequency of the parallel plate resonator in a dc magnetic field up to 500 Oe at 10 GHz.c-Oriented YBa2Cu3O7 thin films are examined. Enhancement of surface resistance and inductance with increase of magnetic field is observed. The effect of irreversible increase of surface impedance as compared to its initial values after a cycle of magnetic field commutation is found. A qualitative explanation of the observed effects based on the picture of magnetic vortex penetration and accumulation in the film due to strong pinning is presented.
Key wordsYBa2Cu3O7 thin films microwave surface impedance vortex pinning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Portis, K. W. Blasey, K. A. Müller, and J. G. Bednorz,Europhys. Lett. 5, 467 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Marcon, R. Fastampa, M. Giura, and E. Silva,Phys. Rev. B 43, 2940 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Hein, S. Hensen, G. Müller, S. Orbach, H. Piel, M. Strupp, N. G. Chew, J. A. Edward, S. W. Goodyear, J. S. Satchell, and R. G. Humphreys inHigh-T c Superconductor Thin Films, L. Correra, ed. (Elsevier Science Publishers, The Netherlands, 1992), pp. 95–100.Google Scholar
- 4.M. W. Coffey and J. R. Clem,Phys. Rev. B 48, (1993) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 5.R. C. Taber,Rev. Sci. Instrum. 61, 2200 (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Ya. Basovich, R. K. Belov, V. A. Markelov, L. A. Mazo, S. A. Pavlov, V. V. Talanov, and A. V. Varganov,J. Supercond. 5, 497 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Klein, H. Chaloupka, G. Müller, S. Orbach, H. Piel, B. Roas, L. Schults, U. Klein, and M. Peiniger,J. Appl. Phys. 67, 6940 (1990).Google Scholar