Radiation-resistant plastic lubricants based on sodium terephthalamide
- 6 Downloads
A method has been developed for obtaining plastic lubricants based on sodium terephthalamide.
The authors have studied terephthalamide lubricants made from MS-20s or DS-11 mineral oil, MAS-35 synthetic hydrocarbon oil, and FM-1322/300 polymethylphenylsiloxane.
The complex of terephthalamide and sodium benzoate has a higher thickening capacity and (in the case of a 1∶0.5 molar ratio) forms systems with higher colloidal stabilities than sodium terephthalamide of equal concentration.
It is shown that a γ -ray dose of 108 rad does not greatly change the main physical and chemical properties of terephthalamide lubricants.
KeywordsSodium Hydrocarbon Chemical Property Colloidal Stability Equal Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. S. Zaslavskii, Radiation Resistance of Lubricants, Gosatomizdat (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Zasalavskii, A. D. Stukin, and G. I. Shor, Khim. i tekhnol. topliv i masel, No. 10 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.W. L. Rice, D.A. Kirk, and W. B. Cheney, Nucleonics, Vol. 18, No. 2 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Swallow, Radiation Chemistry of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], IL (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.E. D. Makeeva, L. A. Kumleva, Yu. S. Zaslavskii, and N. E. Shchipina, Khim. i tekhnol. topliv i masel, No. 9(1964).Google Scholar
- 6.B. W. Hotten and I. G. Carroll, Ind. Eng. Chem.,50, No. 2 (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.G. L. Dreher, B. W. Hotten, and C. F. Carter, N. L. G. I, SP, Vol. 20, No. 11 (1957).Google Scholar
- 8.J. G. Carroll, R. O. Bolt, and B. W. Hotten, Lubr. Eng.,13, No. 13 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.J. G. Carroll, R. O. Bolt, Ch. E. Cannif, and P. T. Heyl, Lubr., Eng.,18, No. 2 (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.B. W. Hotten, Ind. Eng. Chem.,49, No. 16 (1957).Google Scholar
- 11.US Patents 2,808,427; 2,820,012; 2,892,778; 2,945,813; 2,956,021; 2,956,022.Google Scholar
- 12.G. V. Vinogradov and V. P. Pavlov, DAN SSSR,59 (1948), p. 6; Low-temperature Properties of Petroleum Products, VTEI, Tsimtneft' (1949); Friction and Wear in Machines, IMASh AN SSSR, III (1949), p. 311.Google Scholar