High-quality YBa2Cu3O7 films on 4-in. Wafers of sapphire, gallium arsenide, and silicon
- 18 Downloads
Our technique of reactive thermal co-evaporation has been extended to fabricate large films (up to 4 in.) of YBa2Cu3O7 with high quality. A rotating substrate holder is used to separate the deposition and oxidation processes. This allows free access of the metal vapors. As large substrate wafers we use Al2O3, Si, and GaAs with buffer layers of CeO2, YSZ, and MgO, respectively. On all substrates, the uniformity of thickness and composition was better than 2%. Inductively measuredT c andj c (77 K) were 87.5±0.2 K and >1×106 A/cm2, respectively, across the full wafer area. This holds also for GaAs substrates due to a new procedure of capping by Si3N4.
Key wordsYBa2Cu3O7 thin films large-area deposition semiconductor substrates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Berberichet al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 53, 925 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.R. G. Humphreyset al., Supercond. Sci. Technol. 3, 38 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Prusseitet al., Physica C 201, 249 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Prusseitet al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 61, 1841 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Baudenbacheret al., J. Less Common Met. 164–165, 269 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.O. Eiblet al., Physica C 209, 445 (1992).Google Scholar