Crystal growth of Bi-2212 in the Sr-enriched, Ca-reduced compositional range
- 22 Downloads
We have measured the phase assemblages in the partial-melt state of Bi-2212 in air and in 0.01 atm oxygen environment in the Sr-enriched and Ca-reduced compositional range. In air, (Sr, Ca)CuO2 and Bi2(Sr, Ca)3.5O6.5 have been observed as solid phases. The volume fraction of Bi2(Sr, Ca)3.5O6.5 increased with increasing Sr and decreasing Ca compositions. When the nominal composition is around Bi2Sr2.3Ca0.85Cu2Oz, (Sr, Ca)3Cu5O8 was observed rather than (Sr, Ca)CuO2. In 0.01 atm oxygen environment, Bi2Sr2CaO6 was observed to be different from Bi2(Sr, Ca)3.5O6.5 in addition to (Sr, Ca)CuO2.
Key wordsBi-2212 partial melt phase diagram crystal growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Yoshida and A. Endo,Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 32, L1509 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Asano, Y. Tanaka, M. Fukutomi, and H. Maeda,Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29, L1066 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.C. L. Lee, J. J. Chen, W. J. Chen, T. P. Perng, J. M. Wu, T. B. Wu, T. S. Chin, R. S. Liu, and P. T. Wu,J. Mater. Res. 5, 1403 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Ikeda, H. Ito, S. Shimomura, Y. Oue, K. Inaba, Z. Hiroi, and M. Takano,Physica C 159, 93 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.R. D. Ray, II and E. E. Hellstrom,Physica C 175, 255 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Endo and S. Nishikida,IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. III, 931 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Rubin, T. P. Orlando, J. B. Vander Sande, G. Gorman, R. Savoy, R. Swope and R. Beyerrs,Appl. Phys. Lett. 61, 1977 (1992).Google Scholar