Identification of acetylenes and conjugated dienes in gas chromatographic analysis of complex mixtures
- 9 Downloads
Rapid methods are proposed for the group identification of dienes and acetylenes in the gas-Chromatographie analysis of products from pyrolysis and cracking; the methods are the selective reduction of dienes and acetylenes on Pd catalyst and the absorption of acetylenes by silver nitrate. The method of removing dienes by means of maleic anhydride has been modified. The presence of a diene or acetylene can be judged by deduction of the corresponding peak on the chromatogram after the reactor. Application of the method has been tested on 14 individual diene and acetylene isomers.
KeywordsNitrate Pyrolysis Anhydride Acetylene Diene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Smith and R. Ohlson, Acta Chem. Scand.,14, No. 6 (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Gil-Av and Herzberg-Minzly, J. Chromatog.,13, No. 1 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Berezkin, V. S. Kruglikova, and N. A. Belikova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,158, No. 1 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.E. E. Kugucheva and A. V. Alekseeva, Zavodsk. Lab.,36, No. 3 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Alekseeva and E. E. Kugucheva, Neftepererabotka i Neftekhim., No. 11 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Lindlar, Helv. Chim. Acta,35, No. 2 (1952).Google Scholar
- 7.D. V. Sokol'skii, Hydrogenation in Solutions [in Russian], Izd. AN Kazakh. SSR (1962), p. 229.Google Scholar
- 8.Kh. V. Bal'yan, L A. Petcov, and Yu. L Porfir'eva, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,27, No. 2 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. Onishchenko, Diene Synthesis [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR (1963), p. 14.Google Scholar