Hydraulic resistance of a granular catalyst bed
- 24 Downloads
The data on the hydraulic resistance of beds of granular materials are systematized by starting from the Darcy-Weisbach equation and a two-term expression for the dependence of the resistance coefficient on the Reynolds number.
It is shown that all published data regarding the dependence of the resistance coefficient on the Reynolds number are described by the standard equation proposed in , provided that shape and surface reduction coefficients are used.
An equation has been derived for determining the pressure drop across a bed of spherical aluminum silicate catalyst particles.
KeywordsAluminum Silicate Reynolds Number Pressure Drop Granular Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. I. Orochko, Theoretical Principles of Liquid Fuel Syntheses [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.L M. Razumov, Neft. khoz., No. 1 (1949).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Ergun, Chem. Eng. Progr., Vol. 48 (1952), p. 89; Vol. 48 (1952), p. 227.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Lewa, Fluidization [Russian translation], Gostoptekhizdat (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Zhavoronkov, Hydraulic Principles of the Scrubber Process and Heat Transfer in Scrubbers [in Russian], Izd. Sov. Nauka (l944).Google Scholar
- 6.D. M. Mints and S. A. Shubert, Hydraulics of Granular Materials [in Russian], Izd. Minkomkhoz, RSFSR (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.M. É. Aerov, Khim. i tekhnol. topliv i masel, No. 10 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Rebu, Fluid Bed [Russian translation], TsNIINtsvetmet (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Akopyan and A. G. Kasatkin, Khim. Prom., No. 2 (1955).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Fedorov, Theory and Calculation of Drying [in Russian],Gosénergoizdat (1955).Google Scholar
- 11.W. K. Lewis, E. R. Gilliland, and W. C. Bauer, Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 41, No. 6 (1949), p. 1104.Google Scholar
- 12.P. C. Carman, Trans. Inst. Chem. Engrs., Vol. 15, London (1937), p. 150.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Lewa, M. Grummer, etc., Chem. Eng. Progress, Vol. 44 (1948), p. 7.Google Scholar
- 14.V. M. Kurganov, Study on the Hydrodynamics of Industrial Catalytic Cracking Catalyst Systems with a Moving Granulated Catalyst [in Russian], Dissertation, MIKhM (1964).Google Scholar