Improvement of axle-oil quality by antioxidant additives
- 13 Downloads
The effect of various classes of antioxidant additive on the thermal-oxidation stability of high viscosity axle-oil was studied.
It was shown that unrefined mineral oil (axle-oil) has satisfactory response to amine-type antioxidant additives. The most effective additive investigated was phenothiazine.
KeywordsViscosity High Viscosity Phenothiazine Satisfactory Response Antioxidant Additive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ekspress-Informatsiya, No. 8 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Orlov, Vestnik TsNII, No. 2 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Shadikyan et al., Technical Requirements for Rolling-Stock Axle-Oils, Trudy TsNII, No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Voronov, “Theory of friction in axle boxes,” Vestnik TsNII, No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.A. T. Yatsyno et al., “Study of the influence of axle-oil viscosity on the operation of plain bearings in wagons,” Vestnik TsNII, No. 392, Izd. “Transport” (1969).Google Scholar