Chromatographic and mass-spectrometric study of individual composition of catalytically reformed naphthas
- 23 Downloads
By means of a method of Chromatography/mass spectrometry, a study has been made of the individual composition of a straight-run naphtha and a catalytically reformed naphtha (IBP-180°C). Individual compositions have been determined for the feedstock and for the products issuing from each of the reactors of the unit.
Feasibility has been demonstrated for detailed study of the chemical conversions of hydrocarbons that take place in the naphtha reforming process, on the basis of results of chromatographic/mass-spectrometric analysis of the naphtha feed and the products obtained at various stages in the reforming.
A procedure has been proposed for the Chromatographie analysis of catalytically reformed naphthas (IBP-180°C) in capillary columns, using a preliminary mass-spectrometric identification of the Chromatographic peaks, the obtained relative retention volumes, and the order of hydrocarbon exit.
KeywordsHydrocarbon Naphtha Capillary Column Chromatographic Peak Retention Volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Lulova, A. I. Tarasov, A. K. Fedosova, V. A. Kvasova, E. I. Zemskova, and S. A. Leont'eva, in: Gas Chromatography [in Russian], No. 4, Izd. NITÉKhIM, Moscow (1966), p. 88.Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Lulova, A. I. Tarasov, A. K. Fedosova, V. A. Kvasova, and S. A. Leont'eva, Tr. Vses. Nauchn.-Issled. Inst. Pererab. Nefti (Trudy VNII NP), No. 10, 18, Izd. Khimiya, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Leont'eva, N. I. Lulova, and A. K. Fedosova, Ibid., No. 13, 300 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.É. K. Bryanskaya, Z. K. Olenina, and A. A. Petrov, in: Methods of Analysis of Organic Compounds of Petroleum and Mixtures and Derivatives of These Compounds [in Russian], Izd. Nauka, Moscow (1969), p. 7.Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Martin and J. C. Winters, Anal. Chem.,35, No. 10, 1930 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.W. N. Sanders and J. B. Maynard, Anal. Chem.,35, No. 3, 527 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kuras and S. Hala, J. Chromatog.,51, No. 1, 45 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.N. I. Vykhrestyuk, A. P. Lizogub, and Yu. A. Slupitskii, Pribory i Tekhn. Éksperim., No. 1, 170 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.Mass Spectral Data, API, Res. Project44, N.Y. (1948).Google Scholar
- 10.H. M. McNair and E. J. Bonelli, Basic Gas Chromatography, Varian Aerograph, Walnut Creek, Calif. (1966).Google Scholar