Purification of propylene from isopropyl alcohol and water with NaX zeolite during the process of producing polypropylene
- 63 Downloads
NaX-type zeolite is an effective adsorbent for the purification of liquified propylene from isopropyl alcohol and water. The total adsorption capacity of the zeolite with respect to both components is 15–16 g per 100 g. In this case the residual impurity concentration in the propylene does not exceed 3%.
NaX-type zeolite, under the selected conditions for the adsorption-desorption cycle, is stable in multicyclic operations. After 13 cycles have been carried out, the adsorption capacity of the zeolite and the degree of purification of the propylene remain almost constant.
The experimental data that were obtained are used as the basis of a combined technological scheme for the purification and drying of propylene in an industrial apparatus, which has undergone tests successfully.
KeywordsAlcohol Experimental Data Purification Zeolite Propylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Kel'tsev and A. F. Starovoitova, Gas. Prom.,34, No. 8 (1961); N. V. Kel'tsev, A. F. Starovoitova, and N. S. Torocheshnikov, Author's Certificate No. 157, 343, No. 18 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Dubinin, Z. A. Zhukova, and N. V. Kel'tsev, in: Synthetic Zeolites [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Kovalenko, Yu. I. Shumyatskii, and N. V. Kel'tsev, Teor. Osnovy Khim. TekhnoL,2, No. 6 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. Colling, Oil and Gas J.,60, 27, 97 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.G. I. Vyalkina, N. V. Zhdanova, N. V. Kel'tsev, and G. S. Frolov, in: Zeolites, Their Synthesis, Properties, and Use [in Russian], Nauka, (1965), p. 303.Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Yuzefovich, A. F. Grosman, V. S. Koshelev, R. N. Yudinson, V. I. Fomina, I. É. Gel'ms, and P. V. Krymov, Khim. Prom.,23, No. 4 (1967); R. N. Yudinson, V. I. Yuzefovich, and N. S. Bukharkina, Khim. i Tekhnol Topliv i Masel, No. 11 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Kel'tsev, Gas, Prom., No. 9 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.C. F. Ellis, Oilweek,18, No. 28 34 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Yuzefovich, I. É Gel 'ms, P. V. Krymov, R. N. Yudinson, K. P. Orlova, and A. P. Bliguras, Khim. i Tekhnol Topliv i Masel, No. 12 (1968).Google Scholar