Transport properties of the superconducting YBa2Cu3O7-δ-DyBa2SnO5.5 percolation system
- 15 Downloads
The electrical transport properties and percolation behavior of superconducting YBa2 Cu3O7-δ-DyBa2SnO5.5, a superconductor-insulator composite system, have been studied by X-ray diffraction and temperature-resistivity measurements. The normal-state percolation threshold is ∼22 vol.% of YBa2Cu3O7-δ and the superconducting percolation threshold is ∼30 vol.% of YBa2Cu3O7-δ in the composite. The values obtained for the critical exponents describing the normal-state transport behavior of the system agree with the theoretically expected values for an ideal conductor-insulator percolation system. No detectable chemical reactivity was observed between YBa2Cu3O7-δ and a ceramic insulator DyBa2SnO5.5, even when the two materials were mixed thoroughly and sintered at 1020°C. The implications are discussed.
Key wordsYBa2Cu3O7-δ percolation DyBa2SnO5.5
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. K. Worthington, W. J. Gallagher, and T. R. Dinger,Phys. Rev. Lett. 59, 1160 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.D. R. Harshman, G. Aeppli, E. J. Ansaldo, B. Batlogg, J. H. Brewer, J. F. Carolan, R. J. Cava, M. Celio, A. C. D. Chaklader, W. N. Hardy, S. R. Kreitzman, G. M. Luke, D. R. Noakes, and M. Sneba,Phys. Rev. B 36, 2386 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Xiao, F. H. Streitz, M. z. Cieplak, A. Bakhashai, A. Gavrin, and C. L. Chien,Phys. Rev. B 38, 776 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Umadevi Muralidharan, K. V. Paulose, J. Koshy, and A. D. Damodaran,J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 74, 2679 (1991) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Stauffer,Phys. Rep. 54, 1 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.J. P. Straley,Percolation Structures and Processes, G. Deutscher, R. Zallen, and J. Alder, eds., Annals of the Israel Physical Society, Vol. 5 (AIP, New York, 1984), p. 353.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Koshy, K. S. Kumar, J. Kurian, Y. P. Yadava, and A. D. Damodaran,Appl. Phys. Lett. 65, 2857 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Koshy, K. S. Kumar, J. Kurian, Y. P. Yadava, and A. D. Damodaran,Physica C 234, 211 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Koshy, K. S. Kumar, J. Kurian, Y. P. Yadava, and A. D. Damodaran,Phys. Rev. B 51, 9096 (1995).Google Scholar