Structural modifications of the superconducting phases on Bi system by electron beam irradiation
Superconducting samples of the Bi(Pb)-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system have been irradiated in transmission electron microscopy (TEM) to investigate the effect of a relative high fluence of electrons with 75 and 100 keV energy on the microstructure of the material. The diffraction pattern images show a dramatic change from very uniform lattice spots atab crystalline planes to a circular pattern corresponding to damage and breaking of the materials in very small crystallites.
Key wordsElectron irradiation Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O high-Tc phases phases stability microstructure transformations transmission electron microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Alexandrov, V. F. Elesin, and M. P. Kazenko,Fiz. Tverd. Tela 21, 2062 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.P. W. Anderson, K. A. Muttalik, and T. V. Ramakrishnan,Phys. Rev. B 28, 117 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Bulaevskii and M. V. Sadovskii,J. Low Temp. Phys. 59, 89 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Elesin and I. A. Rudnev,Supercond.: Phys. Chem. Tech. 4, 2055 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Aldica, A. F. Alexeev, P. Badica, T. Y. Gridasova, and V. V. Morozov, submitted toElectron Structure and Properties of Refractory Metals and Compounds (I.P.M. N.A.N., Ukraine, 1995), p. 93.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Wang, G. Xiong, X. Tang, and Z. Hong,Physica C 210, 113 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Kirk, M. C. Barber, J. Z. Liu, D. J. Lam, and H. W. Weber,Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 99, 209 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.F. W. Clinard, Jr., E. M. Foltyn, R. J. Livak, D. E. Peterson, W. A. Coglan, and L. W. Hobbs,J. Appl. Phys. 65, 5057 (1989).Google Scholar