The distributive law in the two-slit experiment
It is shown that the lattice-theoretic distributive law does not fail to hold in the two slit-experiment for the general case offinite slit widths and for a position measurement which localizes the observed particle to afinite region of the screen. Comments are made on previous and less general discussions of the case considered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Beck and H. M. Nussenzweig,Nuovo Cimento Ser. 10 9, 1068 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Dummett, “Is logic empirical?” inTruth and Other Enigmas, (Duckworth, 1978), pp. 269–289.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Gardner, Is quantum logic really logic?,Phil. Sci. 38, 508 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.P. F. Gibbins, Putnam on the two-slit experiment,Erkenntnis, to be published.Google Scholar
- 5.J. M. Jauch,Foundations of Quantum Mechanics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1968).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Putnam, “The Logic of Quantum Mechanics,” inMathematics, Matter and Method Vol. 1 (Cambridge, 1979), pp. 174–197.Google Scholar