Density, surface tension and refractive index of aromatic hydrocarbons at low temperatures
- 144 Downloads
The temperature dependence of the density and refractive indices of ethylbenzene, o- and m-xylenes from 273° K down to their crystallization temperatures has been investigated. This dependence has been shown to be linear.
The temperature dependence of the surface tension of toluene, ethylbenzene, o- and m-xylenes is linear from 273° K down to their crystallization temperatures.
Hydrostatic weighing gives reliable results for determining the densities of the liquids at low temperatures.
The molecular refraction and parachor of toluene, ethylbenzene, m-xylene and o-xylene have a tendency to decrease with a decrease in temperature from 273° K.
KeywordsCrystallization Refractive Index Toluene Hydrocarbon Surface Tension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Physicochemical Properties of Individual Hydrocarbons, No. 6, Edited by M. D. Tilicheev, Gostoptekhizdat (1957); The Physicochemical Properties of Individual Hydrocarbons, Edited by V. M. Tatevskii, Gostoptekhizdat (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.N. B. Vargaftik, Handbook on the Thermophysical Properties of Gases and Liquids, Fizmatgia (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.G. B. Bokii, G. G. Tsurinov, V. I. Sokol and V. Z. Kolodyazhnyi, Zh. neorg. khim.,6 (8), 1754 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Weissberger, E. S. Proskauer, J. A. Riddick and E. E. Toops, Organic Solvents, IL (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Grigor'ev and N. S. Rudenko, ZhETF,40, 757 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Ben'kovskii, T. M. Bogoslovskaya, L. D. Kiiko and M. Kh. Nauruzov, Neftekhimiya,3 (2), 173 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Ben'kovskii, T. M. Bogoslovskaya, L. D. Kiiko and M. Kh. Nauruzov, Neftekhimiya,3 (3), 310 (1963).Google Scholar