Technology of the demulsificati on of petroleum
- 36 Downloads
In selecting optimum parameters and in controlling the operation of demulsification units with the aim of obtaining high-quality oil, it is necessary to establish the permissable limits of water content of the pretreated oil as a function of the content of residual chlorides.
Calculated coefficients are proposed, by means of which it is possible to control the relative change in stability of petroleum emulsions and the structural mechanical strength of surface layers during storage of the oil and during demulsification.
By means of the recommended values of Φ andβ it is possible to determine the rate of aging of emulsions of different types of petroleum as a function of storage time and change in degree of dispersion of the emulsion.
From an analysis of the operation of demulsification units it follows that the basic ÉLOU equipment is not operated under optimum conditions, which is the cause of the poor quality of desalted oil.
In petroleum desalting processes, the temperature of the water fed to the washing step should not be below the temperature of the oil, since cooling of the surface layers of the original emulsion during mixing with water increases their strength and hinders breaking of the emulsion, decreasing the degree of contacting of fresh and salt water.
KeywordsChloride Petroleum Surface Layer Optimum Condition Mechanical Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. A. Rebinder and K. A. Pospelova, introductory article in The Theory of Emulsions and Their Technical Treatment, Eds., Clayton and William [Russian translation] (1950).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Gohjila, Kolloidnyi zhurnal, Vol. XXIV, No. 6 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.B. G. Vaiyaev and A. A. Petrov, Trudy instituta Giprovostokneft', No. 4 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.B. M. Gal'perin and G. E. Isofidi, Novosti neft. i gaz., Ser.: neftepererabotka i neftekhimiya, No. 7 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.E. P. Kpaevaya, Khim. i tekhnol. topliv i masel, No. 11 (1957).Google Scholar