Effect of polymethacrylate on oxidation of naphthenic-paraffinic hydrocarbons
- 11 Downloads
It has been established that polymethacrylate, when added to a naphthenic-paraffinic fraction of lubricating oil, has an effect on the oxidation of this fraction at 140–180°C. When the polymer is present, there is a more rapid accumulation of peroxides and products from the conversion of peroxides (alcohols, carbonyl compounds, and acids).
Polymers of higher molecular weight have a greater effect on the oxidation process and are subject to more severe breakdown.
KeywordsOxidation Polymer Alcohol Molecular Weight Peroxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. K. Papok and E. G. Semenido (Eds.), Motor and Jet-Engine Oils and Fluids [in Russian], Izd. Khimiya (1964), p. 136.Google Scholar
- 2.E. G. Semenido et al., Collection: Lubrication Theory and New Materials [in Russian], Izd. Nauka (1965), pp. 140, 147.Google Scholar
- 3.N. G. Puchkov, T. G. Mikhailova, and I. A. Mitrofanova, Collection: Petroleum Product Research and Application [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat (1948), p. 216.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Z. Kaplan and A. P. Galashina, ZhPKh, No. 35 (1962), p. 252.Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Gusevskii, S. Z. Kaplan, and S. M. Al'tman, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 1 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.D. J. E. Ingram, M. C. R. Simons, and M. G. Townsen, Trans. Faraday Soc., No. 54 (1958), p. 409.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Bykovchenko and I. V. Berezin, Neftekhimiya, No. 4 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.L. F. Efimova, S. Z. Kaplan, and I. E. Flis, Khim i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 6 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.B. V. Losikov, I. A. Rubinshtein, and E. P. Sobolev, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 7 (1960).Google Scholar
- 10.D. G. Knorre, Z. K. Maizus and N. M. Émanuél, ZhFKh, Vol. 29, No. 4 (1955).Google Scholar
- 11.Lubricating Oils and Additives, State Standards [in Russian], Standartgiz (1962), p. 281.Google Scholar
- 12.M. S. Éventova, Concise Handbook for Practical Studies on Lubricating Oils [in Russian], MGU (1960).Google Scholar