Derivatographic method of thermal analysis of lubricating oils
- 12 Downloads
The proposed method makes it possible to carry out the thermal investigation of oils over a wide temperature range with a high degree of repeatability of results.
The method makes it feasible to assess volatility and, correspondingly,the quantity of oil passing into the gas in the form of vapor, as well as to calculate the energy effects that arise in oil conversions.
Derivatograms give the starting data that are needed to solve problems related to the removal of contaminant oils from gases.
It has been shown that the medium has a substantial influence on the state of the oil at various temperatures.
KeywordsThermal Analysis Volatility Wide Temperature Range Substantial Influence Energy Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Echardt, C. T. Williamsen, and F. R. Austin, “How clean is clean?” SAE Journal,72, No. 10 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.Proc. JRE Australia,21, No. 3, 138–41 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.H. LeChatlier, Bull. Soc. Franc. Mineral.,10, 204 (1887).Google Scholar
- 4.Roberts and W. C. Austen, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engrs. (London) (1889), p. 55.Google Scholar
- 5.J. S. Holsworth and J. W. Cobb, Tr. Brit. Ceram. Soc.,22, 111 (1923).Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Berg, Introduction to Thermography [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.L. G. Berg, Transactions of Second Conference on Thermography, Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Kazan (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.G. G. Tsurinov and V. Z. Kolodyazhnyi, Transactions of Second Conference on Thermography, Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Kazan (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.I. M. Rafalovich, Determination of Thermophysical Properties of Materials in Nonferrous Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1957).Google Scholar
- 10.G. O. Piloyan, Introduction to Theory of Thermographic Analysis [in Russian], Izd. Nauka (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Martynov, L. V. Bondareva, and N. D. Kuchinskaya, “Laboratory method of determining volatility of lubricants at high temperatures,” Tr. Vses. Nauchn.-Issled. Inst. Neftepererabotke (Trudy VNII NP), No. 10, Izd. Khimiya (1966).Google Scholar