Polarographic determination of bicyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in petroleum products
- 15 Downloads
A differential polarographic method has been proposed for the determination of total content of bicyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in petroleum products, using a base electrolyte of tetrabutylammonium iodide in dimethylformamide.
It has been established that the reduction of naphthalene and its methyl derivatives in dimethylformamide proceeds via a two-electron mechanism.
Satisfactory agreement has been demonstrated in a comparison of data obtained by the polarographic method vs. a spectral method for the content of bicycloaromatic hydrocarbons in fractions of cat cracked gas oil.
KeywordsMethyl Petroleum Hydrocarbon Iodide Naphthalene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. W. King, F. A. Fabrizio, and A. R. Donnell, Gas Chromatography, Third International Symposium Held Under the Auspices of the Analysis Instrumentation Division of the Instrument Society of America, Academic Press, New York and London (1962), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 2.V. D. Bezuglyi and N. D. Ogdanets, ZhPKh,28, No. 12 (1955), p. 1339.Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Pozdeeva, Koks i khimiya, No. 9 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Burdett and B. R. Gordon, Anal. Chem.,19, No. 11 (1947), p. 843.Google Scholar
- 5.D. P. Thornton, Petrol. Proc,3, No. 7 (1948), p. 673.Google Scholar
- 6.P. H. Given, J. Chem. Soc. (1958), p. 2684.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Wawzonek, J. Blaha, B. Berkey, and M. Runner, J. Electrochem. Soc.,102 (1955), p. 235.Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Gorokhovskaya and V. E. Geller, Zav. lab.,28, No. 7 (1962), p. 811.Google Scholar
- 9.A. C. Aten, C. H. Bither, and G. J. Hojtink, Trans. Faraday Soc.,55 (1959), p. 324.Google Scholar