The gas content in a three-phase fluidized bed
- 13 Downloads
The interrelationship between the working rates of the gas and liquid phases in a three-phase fluidized bed has a linear character.
The gas content of a three-phase bed, determined by Eq. (4), depends on the nature and the concentration of the solid phase and on the ratio of the flowing phases, but does not depend on the live cross section of the distributing grid.
The contact surface between the gas and liquid phases (the mass-transfer surface) decreases with an increase in the concentration of the solid phase, and increases with a decrease of the live cross section of the distributing grid.
KeywordsLiquid Phasis Contact Surface Flowing Phasis Linear Character Live Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. R. Griswold and R. P. Drisen, Petroleum Refinery,45, No. 5 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.E. W. Becker et al., Chem. Ing. Techn.,34, No. 2 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Kato, Chem. Eng. Japan,1, No. 1 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.N. K. Roy et al., Chem. Eng. Sci.,19, No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Kolbel et al., Riv. Combust.,16, No. 11 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Ermakov and I. G. Martyushin, Khim. Prom., No. 9 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.Chem. Eng., No. 25 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.N. I. Gel'perin, V. Z. Grishko, et al., Khim. Prom. No. 1 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.P. S. B. Stuart and G. F. Davidson, Chem. Eng. Sci.,19, No. 4 (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Ostergard, Chem. Eng. Sci.,21, No. 5 (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Vismanathan, H. S. Kakar, et al., Chem. Eng. Sci.,20, No. 12 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. K. Vail', N. Kh. Manakov, and V. V. Manshilin, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 12 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Manshilin and Yu. K. Vail' et al., Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 7 (1968).Google Scholar