Lube oil antiwear additive containing zinc, nitrogen, and phosphorus
- 19 Downloads
Using a residual extract treated with propane, the new antiwear additive AFO has been synthesized, containing zinc, nitrogen, and phosphorus.
It has been shown that the additive AFO has better anticorrosion, antiwear, and antioxidant properties than does the commercial additive ÉFO.
The additive AFO is readily soluble in mineral oils of different viscosities and does not give any precipitate when solutions are stored at low temperatures.
Comparative test-stand evaluations have shown that the contact endurance of the gear teeth in TS-14.5 oil with AFO additive is greater than in this oil with commercial ÉFO additive.
KeywordsNitrogen Viscosity Zinc Phosphorus Propane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Ravikovich, E. I. Petyakina, P. P. Bagryantseva, and S. B. Borshchevskii, in: Lube Oil Additives [in Russian], Izd. Khimiya (1966), pp. 60–67.Google Scholar
- 2.USSR Pat. 226,764 (1969); Byul. Izobret., No. 29 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.USSR Pat. 310,927; Byul. Isobret., No. 24 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Z. Lecher and Greenwood, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,19, 5018 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.P. I. Sanin, V. V. Sher, et al., in: Lube Oil and Fuel Additives [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat (1961), p. 27.Google Scholar