Selection of suitable roof designs for oil tank reconstruction
The modernization of the roof construction of vertical cylindrical storage tanks for aggressive sulfur-containing crude oil and petroleum products must be based on the nature of the corrosion attack on the roof elements.
The most corrosion-resistant roofs for vertical cylindrical tanks are those in which the supporting structures (girders, beams, trusses, etc.) are arranged outside the tank, while the inside of the roof has a smooth, uniform surface.
KeywordsSupporting Structure Storage Tank Petroleum Product Uniform Surface Corrosion Attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. M. Kaskevich, Transport i Khranenie Nefti i Nefteproduktov, No. 8 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Pankov, Transport i Khranenie Nefti i Nefteproduktov, No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Shelomentsev, Corrosion and Corrosion Prevention at the Oilfields of the “Second Baku” (the Volga District) [in Russian], Gostekhizdat (1948).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Didkovskii, Montazhnye i Spetsial'nye Raboty v Stroitel'stve, No. 5 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Didkovskii and N. M. Kaskevich, Transport i Khranenie Nefti i Nefteproduktov, No. 9 (1967).Google Scholar