Hydraulic resistance of gas distributing grids in apparatus with a fluidized bed of granular materials
The dependence of the hydraulic resistance of a grid on a change in the ratio δ/d0, at d0 = const, has been confirmed experimentally.
It is shown that, contrary to the opinion of a number of investigators, the resistance of a grid depends on the change in the ratio δ/d0, at δ = const, that is, it depends on the diameter of the openings in the grid.
Formula (6) has been obtained for calculation of the hydraulic resistance of dry grids, taking account of the dependence of the resistance on the diameter of the openings and the thickness of the grid.
KeywordsGranular Material Hydraulic Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Yufa, Khim. i Neft. Mash., No. 7 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.M. S. Yufa, G. P. Grigor'ev, and P. V. Varentsov, Zh. Prikl. Khim., No. 7 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Mukhlenov and é. Ya. Tarat, Zh. Prikl. Khim., No. 4 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.M. E. Pozin, I. P. Mukhlenov, and é. Ya. Tarat, Foam-type Gas Purifiers, Heat Exchangers, and Absorbers [in Russian], Goskhimizdat (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Hughmark and H. E. O'Connel, Chem. Eng. Progr.,53, No. 3, 127 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.D. I. Orochko, V. A. Basov, and T. Kh. Melik-Akhnazarov, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 4 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Dil'man, E. P. Darovskikh, M. é. Aerov, and L. S. Aksel'rod, Khim. Prom., No. 3 (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.I. E. Idel'chik, Khim. Prom., No. 3 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kafarov, Principles of Mass Transfer [in Russian], Izd. “Vysshaya Shkola” (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.R. A. McAlister, P. H. McGinnis, and C. A. Plank, Chem. Eng. Sci.,9, No. 25 (1962).Google Scholar
- 11.N. A. Shakhova, Proceedings of the Moscow Institute for Fine Chemicals Technology,26, 39 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.P. G. Romankov and N. B. Rashkovskaya, Drying in a Fluidized Bed [in Russian], Goskhimizdat (1964).Google Scholar