Pastes and suspensions of molybdenum disulfide in various dispersion media
- 23 Downloads
The colloidal stability and antifriction properties of concentrated suspensions and pastes of molybdenum disulfide were studied.
The colloidal stability of the suspensions is determined by the content of filler and the viscosity of the dispersion medium, while in pastes containing lithium thickeners, it is determined by the structural framework formed by the soaps.
Lubricating materials containing molybdenum disulfide possess high antifriction properties. The structured systems are inferior to the unstructured systems with respect to antiabrasion properties.
KeywordsViscosity Lithium Molybdenum Disulfide Dispersion Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Ya. Al'shits, E. M. Oparina, L. N. Sentyurikhina, and L. N. Sushkina, Transactions of the Third All-Union Conference on Friction and Abrasion in Machines [in Russian], Vol. III, Izd. AN SSSR (l960), pp. 172–177.Google Scholar
- 2.L. N. Sentyurkhina, E. M. Oparina, Z. S. Rubtsova, and N. A. Suvorovskaya, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 7 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Sentyurkhina, B. N. Malyshev, E. M. Oparina, and Z. S. Rubtsova, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 7 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Markov, E. M. Oparina, V. A. Listov, and L. N. Sentyurikhina, Collection: Production of Lubricating Materials [in Russian], TsNIITÉneftegaz (1963), pp. 26–43.Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Sentyurikhina, Z. S. Rubtsova, and V. A. Markov, ibid, pp. 43–48.Google Scholar
- 6.L. N. Sentyurikhina, Encyclopedia of Construction Materials, Vol. III, [in Russian], Izd. Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya (1964), p. 178.Google Scholar
- 7.Z. S. Rubtsova and L.N. Sentyurikhina, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 11 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.L. N. Sentyrukhina and Z. S. Rubtsova, Collection: The Use of Chemistry in Machine Construction [in Russian], Izd. NIIMASh (1965), pp. 59–64.Google Scholar
- 9.E. R. Braithwaite, Solid lubricants and Surfaces, Pergamon Press (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.G. W. Rowe, Wear, v.3, No. 4 (1960), p. 274; v. 6, No. 3 (1960), p. 454.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Gänsheimer, Seifen-Öle-Fette Wachse, Nr. 18, S. 189–193 (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.I. Ya. Al'shits and L. N. Sushkina, Transactions of the Central Scientific Research Institute of Machine Construction [in Russian], Book 90 (1958), pp. 124–145.Google Scholar