Mechanism of the cleansing action of succinimides
- 27 Downloads
The detergent and stabilizing effect of motor oil additives, determined in the laboratory by radioactive tracer techniques, make it possible to broaden the concept of the mechanism of their detergent effect and with a better theoretical background create compound additives whereby cooperative and antagonistic effects in the different compound additives are taken into account.
The mechanism of the detergent action of the succinimides includes the stabilization of the suspension of coaly products in motor oil. The succinimides investigated have no proper detergent effect.
In addition, succinimides considerably improve the stabilizing and proper detergent effects of composition of several additives (in particular, dialkyl-dithiophosphates) because of their synergetic (cooperative) action.
KeywordsTheoretical Background Antagonistic Effect Radioactive Tracer Succinimides Compound Additive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. S. Zaslavskii, G. I. Shor, E. V. Evstigneev, and I. A. Morozova ASLE Annual Meeting, Toronto, May 1–4, 1967; ASLE Preprint N 67 AM 7B-4.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Y. McLaughlin and F. A. Stuart, VII World Petroleum Congress, P. D. No. 28 (5) (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.L. O. Bowman,23, No. 3, 88–100 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.D. R. Harsell and A. A. Schetelich,23, No. 3, 101–106 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Assef,23, No. 3, 107–124 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Isringhaus and B. H. Henderson, SAE Journal,75, No. 3, 81–84 (1967).Google Scholar