Electrophysical properties of metal nitrate complexes with polyacrylamide
- 30 Downloads
The electrophysical characteristics of metallopolymers obtained by spontaneous polymerization of complexes of Er, Ca, and UO2 nitrates with acrylamide were investigated. The conductivity (σ) at direct current was measured (10−5 to 10−6 Ohm−1 cm−1), and its alterations during the polymerization were observed. The conductivity of the metallopolymers obtained depends essentially on the voltage applied during the polymerization and the component ratio in the original mixture. It is concluded that the conductivity is ionic in character. The conductivity and the electret properties discovered depend on the moisture content of the samples.
Key wordsacrylamide, metal nitrates, complexes polymerization, polyacrylamide conductivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Pomogailo and V. S. Savost'yanov,Metallosoderzhashchie monomery i polimery na ikh osnove [Metal-Containing Monomers and Polymers Based on Them], Khimiya, Moscow, 1988 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.Cr. Simionescu, T. Lixandru, I. Mazilu, and L. Tataru,Makromol. Chem., 1971,147, 69.Google Scholar
- 3.E. S. M. Higgy, S. M. Sayyah, I. H. Rashed, E. El-Mamoun, and A. M. Hussein,Acta Polym., 1986,37, 606.Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Sayyah, A. A. Bahgat, A. I. Sabry, E. I. A. Said, and E. El-Hamouly,Acta Polym., 1988,39, 399.Google Scholar
- 5.C. U. Pittman, Jr. and P. L. Grube,J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 1974,18, 2269.Google Scholar
- 6.C. U. Pittman, Jr., J. C. Lai, and D. P. Vanderpool,Macromolecules, 1971,4, 105.Google Scholar
- 7.Metal-Containing Polymer Systems, Eds. J. E. Sheats, C. E. Carraher, Jr., and C. E. Pittman, Jr., Plenum Press, New York, 1985, 275.Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Savost'yanov, V. N. Vasilets, O. V. Ermakov, E. A. Sokolov, D. A. Kritskaya, A. D. Pomogailo, and A. N. Ponomarev,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1992, 2073 [Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci., Div. Chem. Sci., 1992,41, 1615 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 9.V. S. Savost'yanov, V. I. Ponomarev, A. D. Pomogailo, B. S. Selenova, I. N. Ivleva, A. G. Starikov, and L. O. Atovmyan,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1990, 762 [Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1990,39, 674 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 10.A. O. Barvinok and L. V. Mashkov,Zh. Neorg. Khim, 1974,19, 571 [Sov. J. Inorg. Chem., 1974,19];Ibid., 1978,23, 1843.Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Savost'yanov, V. V. Pilyugin, D. A. Kritskaya, and A. N. Ponomarev,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1993, 1070 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1993,42, 1023 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar