Modelling of the convective diffusion process with nonlinear sorption in multi-layered aquifer
- 50 Downloads
A model of the process of the contaminant convective diffusion with nonlinear sorption in one-layered aquifer and multi-layered, consisting of basic aquifers with an aquifer dividing them by, is considered here. A three-dimensional formulation of the problem with a special averaging is reduced to a two-dimensional one, allowing to investigate the interaction of aquifers taking into account the aquitard of arbitrary thickness, and its absence as well.
Key wordsContaminant ground water aquifer aquitard aquifuge multi-layered aquifer convection diffusion sorption numerical method approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bear, J. and Verruijt: 1987Modelling Groundwater Flow and Pollution, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, 1987.Google Scholar
- 2.Fried, J.: 19Ground Water Pollution, Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 3.Roshal, A. A.: Mass transfer in two-layered porous media,App. Mech. Tech. Phys. 36–43.Google Scholar
- 4.Buikis, A.: 1990, Conservative spline-approximation of differencial equation with discontinuous coefficients (in Russian),Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, Banach Center Publ., 24, PWN, Warsaw, pp. 487–491.Google Scholar
- 5.MacCormack, R. W.: 1983, A numerical method to solve the equation of the compressible viscous flow (in Russian),Aerokosmicheskaja tehnika,4 114–122.Google Scholar
- 6.Buikis, A.: Filtration problem numerical solution for multilayered aquifers with an application of splines (in Russian),A Numerical Method for Solving the Problem of Multiphase Noncompressible Liquid Filtration, Novosibirsk, pp. 68–71.Google Scholar