Acid corrosion inhibitors as a means of protecting high-strength carbon steel from stress-corrosion cracking
- 49 Downloads
The effect of the structure state of carbon steel U8 on its resistance to stress-corrosion cracking in inhibited H2SO4 solutions was studied. It was shown that the maximum resistance to stress-corrosion cracking is displayed by steel strain-hardened by wire drawing, or treated by quench-hardening followed by tempering at a high temperature.
KeywordsH2SO4 Carbon Steel Structure State Corrosion Inhibitor H2SO4 Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Narushevich, S. A. Balezin, and V. V. Romanov, Corrosion Inhibitors [in Russian], Uch. zap. MGPI im. V. I. Lenina, no. 2, 183, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.F. F. Azhogin, Corrosion and Protection of Metals [in Russian], Oborongiz, Moscow, 98, 1957.Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Balezin and N. I. Podobaev, ZhPKh,33, no. 6, 1300, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Podobaev, Corrosion Inhibitors [in Russian], Uch. zap. MGPI im V. I. Lenina, no. 2, 211, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. Gutman, A. K. Mindyuk, and G. V. Karpenko, FKhMM [Soviet Materials Science], no. 5, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook of Engineering Materials [in Russian], vol. 1, 1963.Google Scholar