Mechanism of corrosion cracking of metals deformed in contact with molten lithium
- 25 Downloads
A dislocation mechanism of corrosion cracking of metals in aggressive media is postulated, and the possibility of nucleation and simultaneous propagation of several closely situated cracks is analyzed. Data on the long-time strength of armco iron specimens tested in contact with lithium at 400° C is reported.
KeywordsIron Lithium Aggressive Medium Armco Iron Dislocation Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. D. Robertson and A. S. Tetelman, Collection: Mechanism of Strengthening of Solids [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.R. B. Mears, R. H. Brown, and E. H. Dix, Symposium on Corrosion Cracking of Metals, ASTM, 223, 1944.Google Scholar
- 3.U. Harwood, collection: Corrosion Cracking and Brittleness, [Russian translation], Mashgiz, Moscow, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Romanov, Corrosion Cracking of Metals [in Russian], Moscow, 1960.Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Chaevskii, collection: Effect of Working Media on Material Properties [in Russian], Izd. AN USSR, Kiev, no. 2, 1963.Google Scholar
- 6.N. J. Petch, Progress in Metal Physics, Pergamon Press, London, 1, 1954.Google Scholar
- 7.Takeo Yokobori, Journal of Physical Society of Japan,10, 368, 1955.Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Chaevskii and V. I. Likhtman, DAN SSSR, no. 5,140, 1961.Google Scholar
- 9.G. V. Karpenko and M. I. Chaevskii, ZL, no. 5, 1963.Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Popovich, M. S. Goikhman, A. M. Datsishin, I. N. Toropovskaya, I. G. Shtykalo, and M. I. Chaevskii, FKhMM [Soviet Materials Science], no. 1, 1967.Google Scholar
- 11.N. M. Beskorovainyi, V. S. Eremeev, M. T. Zuev, V. K. Ivanov, and Yu. Ya. Tomashpol'skii, collection: Metallurgy and Metallography of Pure Metals [in Russian], Gostamizdat, no. 4, 1963.Google Scholar