Correction of enzyme deficiency in metachromatic leukodystrophy fibroblasts by retroviral-mediated transfer of the human arylsulphtase A gene
- 29 Downloads
KeywordsPublic Health Internal Medicine Leukodystrophy Enzyme Deficiency Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baum H, Dodgson KS, Spencer B (1959) The assay of arylsulfatase A and B in human urine.Clin Chim Acta 4: 453–455.Google Scholar
- Chen C, Okayama H (1987) High efficiency transformation of mammalian cells by plasmid DNA.Mol Cell Biol 7: 2745–2752.Google Scholar
- Kolodny EH (1989) Metachromatic leukodystrophy and multiple sulfatase deficiency. In Scriver CR, Beaudet AL, Sly WS, Valle D, eds.The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease, 6th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1721–1750.Google Scholar
- Krivit W, Shapiro E, Kennedy W et al (1990) Treatment of late infantile metachromatic leukodystrophy by bone marrow transplantation.N Engl J Med 322: 28–32.Google Scholar
- Ohashi T, Boggs S, Robbins P et al (1992) Efficient and sustained high expression of the human glucocerebrosidase gene in mice and their functional macrophages following transplantation of bone marrow transduced by a retroviral vector.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89: 11332–11336.Google Scholar
- Rommerskirch W, Fluharty AL, Perters C, von Figura K, Gieselmann V (1991) Restoration of arylsulphatase A activity in human-metachromatic leukodystrophy fibroblasts via retroviral-vector-mediated gene transfer.Biochem J 280: 459–461.Google Scholar
© SSIEM and Kluwer Academic Publishers 1993