Effect of pre-strain on the dislocation relaxation in zinc single crystal
The ultrasonic absorption,α, in a zinc single crystal was measured as a function of temperature along three different orientations. The effect of different amounts of pre-strain on the absorption is investigated. It has been found that the energy,W, activating the relaxation process is independent of the amount of pre-strain, while the attempt frequency,v0, and the temperature of the absorption peak,Tm, are pre-strain dependent. The relaxation strength indicates a slight maximum in the considered range of pre-strain. Seeger theory has been used to explain some features of the experimental data, however, all the existing theories fail to explain the dependence of the parametersW andv0 on the orientation.
KeywordsPolymer Experimental Data Zinc Absorption Peak Relaxation Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Bujard andG. Gremaud,J. Phys. Colloque C9 44 (1983) 673.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Schulz andD. Lenz,J. Phys. Colloque C5 42 (1981) 151.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Minier, D. Duclos andJ. Lauzier,J. Phys. F: Met. Phys. 13 (1983) 13.Google Scholar
- 4.W. P. Mason,Phys. Rev. 97 (1955) 557.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Seeger,Phil. Mag. 1 (1956) 651.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Seeger andP. Schiller,Acta Met. 10 (1962) 348.Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Brailsford,Phys. Rev. 122 (1961) 778.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Mongy, S. A. Mahmoud, S. Saleh andR. Kamel,Acustica 43 (1979) 333.Google Scholar
- 9.P. G. Bordoni, M. Nuovo andL. Verdini,Nuovo Cimenta 14 (1959) 273.Google Scholar
- 10.D. H. Niblett andJ. Wilks,Adv. Phys. 9 (1960) 1.Google Scholar
- 11.D. H. Niblett andM. Zein,J. Phys. 10 (1980) 773.Google Scholar