Performance of electrodehydrators incorporated in enlarged primary petroleum processing plants
- 6 Downloads
It is shown that two-stage units of horizontal type EG electrodehydrators are highly efficient in the desalting of different crude oils using different operating regimes.
Good pretreatment of the crude in the oil field has a decisive effect on desalting at the refinery. Horizontal type EG electrodehydrators with crude underfeed can reduce the residual salt content to 5–10 mg/liter, using efficient demulsifiers (dissolvan or oxidized fatty acids).
KeywordsSalt Content Processing Plant Operating Regime Decisive Effect Desalting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ya. I. Pinkovskii, Khim. i Neftyan. Mashinostr., No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.D. N. Levchenko, N. V. Bergshtein, D. D. Khudyakova, and N. M. Nikolaeva, Crude Oil-Water Emulsions and Methods of Breaking Them [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. I. Pinkovskii, B. Z. Abrosimov, and Ya. G. Sorkin, Khim. i Tekhnol. Topliv i Masel, No. 9 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Sandler, Yu. M. Sverdlov, and G. P. Pikalov, Neftepererab. i Neftekhim. No. 7 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. I. Pinkovskii, I. V. Bocharov, and A. F. Makhov, Neftepererab. i Neftekhim. No. 2 (1971).Google Scholar