On the size of refutation Kripke models for some linear modal and tense logics
- 82 Downloads
LetL be any modal or tense logic with the finite model property. For eachm, definer L (m) to be the smallest numberr such that for any formulaA withm modal operators,A is provable inL if and only ifA is valid in everyL-model with at mostr worlds. Thus, the functionr L determines the size of refutation Kripke models forL. In this paper, we will give an estimation ofr L (m) for some linear modal and tense logicsL.
KeywordsMathematical Logic Modal Operator Computational Linguistic Model Property Kripke Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.A. Cook,The complexity of theorem proving procedures, Proceedings of Third Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (1971) 151–158.Google Scholar
- R.E. Ladner,The computational complexity of provability in systems of modal prepositional logic, SIAM J. on Computing, 6 (1977) 467–480.Google Scholar
- R.P. McArthur,Tense logic D. Reidel, 1976.Google Scholar
- H. Ono andA. Nakamura,The computational complexity of satisfiability of modal propositional logic S4.3. Tech. Rep. No.C-5, Dept. of Applied Math., Hiroshima Univ. (1979).Google Scholar
- H. Rasiowa andR. Sikorski,The mathematics of metamathematics,Monografie Matematyczne 41, PWN, 1963.Google Scholar
- K. Segerberg,An essay in classical modal logic,Filosofiska Studier 13, Uppsala Univ. (1971).Google Scholar