Early stages in the aging of alloys in the Al−Mg and Al−Mg−Zn systems
- 30 Downloads
In alloys of the Al−Zn−Mg system (at Zn>Mg) a zone stage in the decomposition process of the solid solution can be clearly observed during artificial aging.
In alloys of the Al−Mg−Zn system having increased concentrations of the Mg, the zone stage actually occurs simultaneously with the phase formation process.
KeywordsSolid Solution Formation Process Phase Formation Decomposition Process Artificial Aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Fridlyander (ed.), Aluminum Alloys [in Russian]. Vol. 2, Metallurgiya Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.O. Dahl and K. Z. Detert, Metallkunde,46, No. 2, 94 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.I. N. Fridlyander, High Strength and Ductile Aluminum Alloys [in Russian], Oborongiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Fridlyander (ed.), The Metallography of Aluminum and Its Alloys [in Russian], Vol. 1, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.N. S. Postnidov, Corrosion Resistant Aluminum Alloys [in Russian], Vol. 3, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.S. D. Gertsriken and I. Ya. Dekhtyar, Solid State Diffusion in Metals and Alloys [in Russian], Izd-vo Fizmatliteratury, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Z. Bokshtein, Properties of Metallic Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar