Adenosquamous carcinoma of the ileum
- 18 Downloads
Adenosquamous carcinomas of the intestine are rare tumours, especially those occuring in the small bowel. We report the first case of a metastasizing adenosquamous carcinoma of the ileum in a 74 year old male. The tumour mainly consisted of squamous cells, many of which reacted with antikeratin antibody. A review of the pertinent literature is given.
Key wordsAdenosquamous carcinoma Ileum Antikeratin antibody
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Al-Doroubi QJ, Petrelli M, Reid JD (1970) Adenoacanthoma of the sigmoid colon: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum 13:390–393Google Scholar
- Altmannsberger M, Weber K, Hölscher A, Schauer A, Osborn M (1982) Antibodies to intermediate filaments as diagnostic tools. Human gastrointestinal carcinomas express prekeratin. Lab Invest 46:520–526Google Scholar
- Bjerregaard E (1974) Adenoacanthoma of the small bowel: report of a case. Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand Section A 82:113–115Google Scholar
- Comer TP, Beahrs OH, Dockerty MB (1971) Primary squamous cell carcinoma and acanthoma of the colon. Cancer 28:1111–1117Google Scholar
- Cook CB, Klickstein GD (1958) Adenoacanthomas of the colon. Arch Pathol 65:681–687Google Scholar
- Erasmus LJ, van Heerden JA, Dahlin DC (1978) Adenoacanthoma of the colon. Dis Colon Rectum 21:196–198Google Scholar
- Poulsen HE, Taylor CW, Sobin LH (1975) International histological classification of tumours, no. 13: Histological typing of female genital tract tumours. World Health Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- Rubio CA, Collins VP, Berg C (1981) Mixed adenosquamous carcinoma of the cecum: report of a case and review of the literature. Dis Colon Rectum 24:301–304Google Scholar
- Schlegel R, Banks-Schlegel S, McLeod JA, Pinkus GS (1980) Immunoperoxidase localization of keratin in human neoplasms: a preleminary survey. Am J Pathol 101:41–50Google Scholar
- Sternberger LA (1979) Immunocytochemistry, 2nd ed. John Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Wood DA (1967) Tumors of the intestine. In: Atlas of tumor pathology, vol 22, sect 6. Armed Forces Inst Pathol, Washington DC, p 62–63Google Scholar