MULTIPRINS: a method for multicolour primedin situ labelling
- 33 Downloads
With this fast and simple MULTIPRINS protocol we show simultaneous mapping of multiple repetitive sequences by sequential cycles of primedin situ (PRINS) labelling with various primers and reporter molecules. Differentially labelled DNA sequences synthesizedin situ were visualized by directly incorporated rhodamine-4-dUTP, by fluorescein isothiocyanate and Cy5 using digital imaging microscopy. This further development of the PRINS method enhances its potential as an alternative to traditionalin situ hybridization.
Key wordsfluorescence labelling MULTIPRINS repetitive DNA mapping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baldini A, Ward DC (1991)In situ hybridization banding of human chromosomes with Alu-PCR products: a simultaneous karyotype for gene mapping studies.Genomics 9: 770–774.Google Scholar
- Baldini A, Rocchi M, Archidiacono N, Miller OJ, Miller DA (1990) A human alpha satellite DNA subset specific for chromosome 12.Am J Hum Genet 46: 784–788.Google Scholar
- Baldini A, Ross M, Nizetic D, et al. (1992) Chromosomal assignment of human YAC clones by fluorescencein situ hybridization. Use of single-yeast-colony-PCR and multiple labelling.Genomics 14: 181–184.Google Scholar
- Gosden J, Hanratty D, Starling J, Fantes J, Mitchell A, Porteous D (1991) Oligonucleotide-primedin situ DNA synthesis (PRINS) a method for chromosome mapping, banding and investigation of sequence organization.Cytogenet Cell Genet 57: 100–104.Google Scholar
- Grady DL, Ratliff RL, Robinson DL, McCanlies EC, Meyne J, Moyzis RK (1992) Highly conserved repetitive DNA sequences are present at human centromere.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89: 1695–1699.Google Scholar
- Hindkjaer J, Koch J, Mogensen J, et al. (1991)In situ labelling of nucleic acids for gene mapping, diagnostics and functional cytogenetics.Adv Mol. Genet 4: 45–59.Google Scholar
- Koch J, Hindkjaer J, Mogensen J, Kolvraa S, Bolund L (1991) An improved method for chromosome-specific labeling of alpha-satellite DNAin situ by using denatured doublestranded DNA probes as primers in a primedin situ labeling (PRINS) procedure.GATA 81: 171–178.Google Scholar
- Koch J, Mogensen J, Pedersen S, et al. (1992) Fast one-step procedure for the detection of nucleic acidsin situ by primerinduced sequence-specific labeling with fluorescein-12-dUTP.Cytogenet Cell Genet 60: 1–3.Google Scholar
- Masumoto H, Masukata H, Muro Y, Nozaki N, Okazaki T (1989) A human centromere antigen (CENP-B) interacts with a short specific sequence in alphoid DNA, a human centromeric satellite.J Cell Biol 109: 1963–1973.Google Scholar
- Moyzis RK, Buckingham JM, Cram LS, et al. (1988) A highly conserved repetitive DNA sequence, (TTAGGG), present at the telomeres of human chromosome.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85: 6622–6626.Google Scholar