Integration of individualized mental health services into the system of care for children and adolescents
- 132 Downloads
Many states have developed “systems of care” which are organized networks of service alternatives for children with emotional disabilities. However, in some states, these systems did not have a positive effect on the most disabled of youth and their families. A viable option is “wrap-around” or “individualized” services which, when integrated into system of care services, can be more effective and less expensive.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Behar, L.B. (1986). A model for child mental health services: The North Carolina experience.Children Today, 15, 16–21.Google Scholar
- Burchard, J.D., & Clarke, R.T. (1990). The role of individualized care in a service delivery system for children and adolescents with severely maladjusted behavior.The Journal of Mental Health Administration, 17, 48–60.Google Scholar
- Knitzer, J. (1982).Unclaimed children. Washington, DC: Children's Defense Fund.Google Scholar
- Martin, R. (1984). The right to effective human service programming. In W.P. Christian, G. T.Hannah & T.J. Glahn (Eds.),Programming effective human services (p.97). New York: Plenum.Google Scholar
- Sewell, R. (1990).Answers from AYI: A series of summary statements regarding selected features of AYI. Juneau, AK: Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.Google Scholar
- Stroul, B.A., & Friedman, R.M. (1986).A system of care for severely emotionally disturbed children and youth. Washington, DC: Georgetown University CASSP Technical Assistance Center.Google Scholar
- Torrey, E.F., Erdman, K., Wolfe, S.M., & Flynn, L.M. (1990).Care of the seriously mentally ill: A rating of state programs. Washington, DC: Public Citizen Health Research Group and the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.Google Scholar
- VanBiervliet, A., & Sheldon-Wildgen, J. (1981).Liability issues in community-based programs: Legal principles, problem areas, and recommendations. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.Google Scholar
- Wuori v. Zitnay, No. 75-80-SD (D. Maine July 14, 1978).Google Scholar
- Zeigler-Dendy, C. (1989).Invisible children project. Washington, DC: National Mental Health Association.Google Scholar