Behavioral problems, social competency, and self perception among girls with congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- 69 Downloads
Behavior and psychological development of 16 girls with adrenal hyperplasia has been assessed using the Child Behavior Checklist and the Self-Perception Profile for children. mean responses were not different than the normative sample although specific individual abnormalities were identified.
KeywordsSocial Psychology Behavioral Problem Normative Sample Child Behavior Social Competency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ehrhardt AA, Money J: Progestin-induced hermaphroditism: I. Q. and psychosexual identity in a study of ten girls.J Sex Res 3:83–100, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.Ehrhardt AA, Epstein R, Money J: Fetal androgens and female gender identity in the early-treated adrenogenital syndrome.Johns Hopkins Med J 122:160–169, 1968.Google Scholar
- 3.Money J, Ehrhardt AA:Man and woman, boy and girl: The differentiation and dimorphism of gender identity from conception to maturity. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.Money J, Dalery J: Iatrogenic homosexuality.Journal of Homosex 1:357–371, 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.Achenbach TM, Edelbrock CS: The child behavior profile: II. Boys aged 12–16 and girls aged 6–11 and 12–16.Journal of Consult and Clin Psych 47:223–233, 1979.Google Scholar
- 6.Harter S: The perceived competence scale for children.Child Development 53:87–97, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Harter S:Manual of the self-perception profile for children. Denver, University of Denver, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Money J, Lewis V: IQ, genetics, and accelerated growth: adrenogenital syndrome.Bull Hopkins Hosp 118:365–373, 1966.Google Scholar
- 9.Lev-Ran A: Sexuality and education levels of women with late adrenogenital syndrome.Arch of Sex Behav 3:27–32, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.Money J, Schwartz M: Fetal androgens in the early-treated adrenogenital syndrome of the 46 XX hermaphroditism: influence on assertive and aggressive types of behavior.Aggressive Behavior 2:19–30, 1976.Google Scholar