Some recent developments of advanced titanium alloy and nickel base superalloys in BIAM
- 69 Downloads
A brief review of recent research and development works of some advanced Ti alloys and Ni base superalloys in the Institute of Aeronautical Materials, Beijing (BIAM) is reported. In which, the tensile deformation and fracture characteristics in an α-β Ti alloy, the creep behavior of Ti3Al intermetallic alloy and effect of heat treatment and crystal orientation on the creep properties of a single crystal Ni base alloys DD3, are presented. The applications of the above mentioned alloys in aeronautic industry are described.
KeywordsBase Alloy Creep Behavior Crystal Orientation Fracture Characteristic Nickel Base Superalloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Froes, F.H.: Light weight metals research, development, and commercialization at BIAM, Beijing, China. Light Metals Ages, pp. 78–87, Feb. 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.Jiang, K.Y., Cao C.X., and Yan M.G.: A study of tensile deformation, fracture characteristics and β-brittleness in an α-β titanium alloy. Proc. Microstr. & Mech. Beha. of Mets., Xian, EMAS Ltd., 1:163, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Jinag, K.Y., Cao, C.X., and Yan, M.G.: Tensile deformation and fracture in a titanium alloy TC11. Proc. 6th Intern. Conf. on Ti, Cannes, June 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Yan, M.G. and Cao, C.X.: Recent development in Ti−Al intermetallic compounds. Proc. 7th Conf. Ti Alloys, Guangzhou, Dec. 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Sun, F.S. and Cao, C.X.: Creep rupture behavior of a Ti3Al base alloy. Proc. Intern. Workshop on Ordered Intermetalles (Liu, D.L. et al. (eds.)), Hangzhou, p. 399, Sept. 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, F.S., Li C.G., and Cao, C.X.: The deformation and fracture behavior of Ti-25Al-10Nb-3V-1Mo alloy at different temperatures. Proc. 7th World Conf. on Ti, San Diego, U.S.A., June 1992.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, C.D., Wang, H.Q., and Yan, M.G.: The influence of orientation on the thermal mechanical fatigue behavior in superalloy single crystals. Microstructure and Mech. Behavior of Materials ((Gu and He (eds.)), EMAS, 1:381, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, D.H., Wei, S.Y., Wu, Z.T., and Han, Y.F.: The creep behaviors of a nickel base single crystal superalloy. Chin. J. Mat. Sci. Technol., 2:378–383, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, Z.T. et al.: Effect of heat treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of a single crystal superalloy DD3. ditto, 6:8–12, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Han, Y.F., Wang, Y.M., and Chaturvedi, M.C.: Strengthing in a DS casting Ni3Al alloy IC6 for aero-engine turbine blades and vanes, appears in this issue.Google Scholar